Welcome back to Travel Tip Thursday – Today and every Thursday I’ll be sharing tips to help you save money and make travel easier.
Travel Tip Thursday – What To Have In Your Carry-On Bag
The carry-on bag is an indispensable thing when traveling because you have so many things to take with you. But are we always taking everything we need? No, definitely. We always take too many or too few things.
Finally, given the importance of your carry-on bag, I thought about telling you what I always have in mine.
- Documents and money – I think these things have to be with you always, not just when you’re flying. I am always careful to put in an easy-to-access external pocket: my wallet with cash and cards, my ID, my plane ticket and my phone. Well, sometimes I prefer to keep my plane ticket on my phone because it makes everything easier.
- Magazine, book or KINDLE – Given that flights can take up to 14 hours, the best decision is to bring something with you to read. I always try to bring at least one magazine with me, in order to survive boredom. However, I believe that buying a Kindle was my best purchase ever: you can put ANYTHING on your Kindle. Long flight? Say no more!
- Devices – Sometimes, when I’m not in the mood to read, I choose to watch a movie or some episodes from a TV series. I make sure to download them on my phone/laptop and watch them later, on the plane. However, bringing the laptop is always a good idea, because most of us are also working on it.
Moreover, I can also listen to music, just that – it’s very relaxing. Often bringing the headphones with you can be an excellent defense against crying babies! Either that or earplugs and a neck pillow – sleeping with no problems!
- Emergency Kit – I always like to have a small purse with everything that can help me during a long journey: napkins, wet wipes, disinfectant spray, hand cream and lip balm. In fact, I don’t go anywhere without them.
Moreover, airplanes and airports can be very dirty and full of bacteria, so every person must have a sanitizer in their carry-on bag.
Ah, and perhaps I can live without hand cream and lip balm on the airplane, but I just choose not to!
- Clothes and cosmetics – I usually choose to have only the carry-on bag, it makes my life easier. Therefore, the things that I have at the bottom of the bag are my clothes and my cosmetics for the days when I’m gone. I’m always careful to have clothes for sunny and sunless days. Also, I ALWAYS have my sunglasses.
Anyway, this is what I always have in my carry-on bag. As I said, I definitely have too many things or I’m missing stuff, but … no carry-on bag is perfect, right? What do you have in your carry-on bags?
Thanks for checking out Travel Tip Thursday, see you next week.
Missed last weeks Travel Tip Thursday, click here
Other posts you might be interested in:
“Traveling – it makes you speechless and then it turns you into a storyteller.”