Welcome back to Travel Tip Thursday – Today and every Thursday I’ll be sharing tips to help you save money and make travel easier.
Travel Tip Thursday –
How To Get Through The TSA Line Quickly
There are many people who travel frequently by plane, whether they want to travel around the world or have to work that way. So … they have to go through the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), over and over again.
Sometimes, this may take more or less time. I have prepared some tips and tricks below (to try) to get through the TSA line quickly. Here we go:
- Sign Up for TSA PreCheck – TSA Precheck is the best solution for those who travel a lot. It’s a tool that helps you get faster through the security line, having reduced security measures. So, if you become a TSA PreCheck flyer, you will not need to get rid of your jacket, to remove your shoes, to take care of what liquids you have and how much or to get them out of your bag together with your electronics. Trust me, this will save you A LOT of time! To learn more about TSA Precheck visit the FAQ page.
- Place your documents in an easily accessible place –Everything can get messed up when you try to pass through TSA. So, your documents might end up at the bottom of your purse or an unknown pocket. It is best to take care of them, so you won’t waste your time looking for your boarding pass or your passport.
- Choose the right outfit – It’s very annoying to have to get rid of your belt, to remove your earrings, to remove your shoes and many other things that do nothing but slow you down. So be careful to have a travel outfit – this includes some (metal-free) shoes that are easy to remove.
- Pack smart so you can unpack like a pro – Make sure all your liquids are in containers of up to 3 oz. and put them all in a bag. Put the liquids and the electronics on top so you can easily take them out. Also, be careful not to have any prohibited items in your carry-on bag, such as sharp objects, flammable items, food or water bottles. Stay carefree, you can buy water and food from the airport!
- Pick the right queue line – Search for a shorter line that doesn’t involve children. We all know that when there are children, it all goes a lot slower. Therefore, do your own “scan” so you won’t be late because of other people!
BONUS: Stay calm, no rush – I think everybody has noticed that when someone is in a hurry, things get messed up. So – try to be calm, because, besides the fact that you can forget to do something, you may seem suspicious. And you don’t want that in an airport, right? Haha!
Thanks for checking out Travel Tip Thursday, see you next week.
Missed last weeks Travel Tip Thursday, click here
Other posts you might be interested in:
“Traveling – it makes you speechless and then it turns you into a storyteller.”